Well, I was really impressed with my sister-in-laws and decided, "Hey, there must be something to this." So I started out slowly, maybe a few mornings a week, and now I usually get up every morning. I still believe Andrew is a big boy, and he can make his own lunch, and we do talk several times during the day; but I enjoy seeing him in the morning before he leaves and it helps him to get out the door on time if I make his lunch. He eats the SAME lunch everyday so it isn't really that big of a deal. In the beginning, I would tip-toe around and shut the doors to keep Ceilidh asleep. I have to admit that yes, some mornings I would pray she stayed asleep. HA I love that she gets to see Andrew in the morning though. Some days during football season she would go to bed without seeing him at all due to his long hours.
I love that Andrew gets to be involved in her morning routine b/c it is hilarious. You know she is awake b/c she is already talking up a storm, usually to baby, Henry, or the socks she just pulled off her feet. When you walk into her room, she starts playing peek-a-boo through the crib slats and then jumps into your arms while shouting, "Bus-sh, Bus-sh." (translation- Bus) We have 4 buses that pass our house every morning and Ceilidh has a running track from window to window to see the bus every possible second she can. The Kitchen window gives her the longest view, so I will call to her to hurry. As soon as she hears hurry, those little legs get moving and she is in the kitchen in 3 seconds! It is really funny to watch.
After the first 2 buses have passed, she runs to the Carolina room to wave at Daddy and the, "Jip Jip." (translation- Jeep) She then runs to her highchair and says, "Chair... mommy...eat!" After breakfast where she consumes a HUGE amount of either eggs, oatmeal, any citrus fruit (oranges, pineapples, etc), she starts asking for a "show." I really don't like t.v. at this age, but I usually let her watch Curious George while I play on the computer. She gets really excited about "George."
Ceilidh comes to the beginning of some of my dance classes until Andrew can get from school to get her. She LOVES to be around the little girls and tries to dance with them. She joins our circles, stands in line behind them (this is usually short-lived), and dances anytime she hears the music. Well, this week I have caught her several times walking around on demi-pointe! ha I am trying hard to get a picture, but when I ask her to walk on her toes, of course she won't do it. I am going to have to just catch her doing it.
I just wanted to post a good morning from our house to yours!
These really are the good days!
1 comment:
i've enjoyed reading about whats going on in these good days. :) miss you and hope to catch up with you soon!
Post a Comment