Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Birthday America!!!

Happy 4th of July! Even though it is a hot one usually, I love this holiday. I love what it stands for, I love the parades, cookouts, homemade ice cream, and fireworks! Carthage has the biggest parade in Moore County with every firetruck from this side of the Mississippi! In all seriousness, our little town does put on a decent parade, and there really is at least 30 firetrucks every year. We have asked ourselves several times what would happen if some one's house caught on fire between 11am and 12pm on July 4th. Around here, you would be out of luck! It was kind of sad thinking this was the last year we would have a front row seat to our grand parade. I am sure we will frequent the annual parade again through the years, but never with a birds eye view from our front porch. We are at T-minus 11 days from leaving.... it is pretty bittersweet.

Ceilidh is in heaven on days like this. I really don't think we could have named her any more fittingly (is that a word? ha). She LOVES a party. Ceilidh = dance, party, festival, etc. She gets so excited to have people around, excitement, cake(ha)... she really enjoys being apart of excitement. This may come to haunt me during her teenage years, but right now I love watching her. We had warm-up fireworks last night that she wasn't really in to. frown. She didn't cry, but she refused to look at them, covered her ears, and clung on to Andrew, "like a tree frog." (in the words of Pops! ha) I think we may try again tonight with the enticement of ice cream! ha I just think she would really like them if she could handle the "boom" part. We will see. Stay tuned for more pictures!











No comments: