Sunday, September 20, 2009

"Celebrate good times... Come on"

We have had a week of celebration. I think Ceilidh thinks cake, ice cream, and/or brownies are now apart of our daily routine. Even though that is tempting; not happening! ha

To kick off the fun days of celebrating, Ceilidh and Andrew took me to "Mommy Dips" (Mama Dips) for my bday dinner on Thursday. They sang and gave us a piece of cake (warm, might I add) after our meal. Yum... is all I can say. Then Friday, my parents and niece, Mikayla; drove up to take us to Outback. They gave me an ice cream dessert after our meal. Yum again. Saturday morning we celebrated good football with a Carolina win! Ceilidh and I then went to a "baby party" given to us by some of my best friends. This deserves a whole post to itself once I get pictures. We are so thankful for their kindness and generosity. It was fun just to get together as well!

Our last bit of celebrating happened last night at the annual Life Care Pregnancy Center fundraising banquet. The night went off without a hitch. I am so proud of Suzanne. Banquets are time-consuming and stressful, but the night was beautiful and life-affirming. This was the first banquet where I was on "the other side." It was nice not to be worrying about the organizational side of the night; but I do have to say I miss all the volunteers and being apart of the clients lives. I was pretty excited to see twin boys that were born after I left.

Hopefully our celebrating will continue sometime soon! I feel great, but this baby boy can't get much bigger without my skin literally ripping in half! ha Pictures to come soon from our sweet baby shower.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i missed you! can't wait to see you and to meet "baby c"!! i'm working evenings today and tomorrow, so call me in the morning sometime if you're not too busy (and have minutes!) :)