With it being graduation weekend, there are cap and gowns and moving vans EVERYWHERE! I have been reminiscing about undergrad and looking forward to next year quite a bit the last couple of days. I have mixed feelings of joy and sadness thinking about next year. I really love the opportunities this area provides us, but I am also ready to feel "settled." Today, a family that we had gotten to know fairly well moved to Arizona. Little Ina was one of Ceilidh's best friends here at BH. We tried to see them a lot this week, and a bunch of us had a last-time play date at the playground this morning before their flight. I think today was the first day I have emotionally hurt for Ceilidh. I obviously have hurt for her during times of physical pain, but this was the first time I have seen her truly sad. We said goodbye at the elevators (they lived on our hall), and Ceilidh hung her head and was silent all the way to our door. She laid her head on my shoulder once we got in the house, and stayed pretty quiet for awhile. Every moving van we see, she asks if its Ina's truck. frown She asked me today if she would ever see Ina again. Ugh.... in reality probably not, but what do I say to this sad two year old. Oh the beauties of Facebook; the promise of pictures seemed to cheer her a little. A mother's love is pretty powerful- it is still blowing me away each day.
Sidenote: The few that read this blog probably realize this, but I want to publicly announce that we do not live in a dorm. ha We have been asked 4 times in the last 2 weeks if we have to move out for the summer. BH is essentially an apartment complex, just owned by the University. We have a year long lease, just like any apartment complex off campus.
I have neglected putting up some cute pictures recently as well. These are from babies, play dates, and dinner picnics.
A squirrel decided to eat dinner with us tonight, and Ceilidh thought it was hilarious to watch how fast his mouth was chewing. This is her imitating him! ha
Play date with Maddy and Stella at the Observation Deck at RDU
Playing in the hay at Maple View Farm with our lifegroup
A great friend and discipleship partner
This is what happens when I'm cooking! ha
BH Friends
Ceilidh and Ina
Meeting Baby Elam!
No comments:
Post a Comment