I LOVE food! If you know me AT ALL, you know that I love food! ha I love Birthdays on both sides of my family, b/c we eat well when we celebrate! We decided to get out of CH for a while, and spent Sunday with Andrew's parents, Susanna, and Ryan to celebrate his birthday. We wanted to spend as much of the day as we could, so we got up early and went to church with them as well. After I got the children settled in nursery/children's church, Suzanne slips me a piece of paper that reads, " Cracker Barrel has come to town. Menu for lunch: Chicken n' Dumplings, pinto beans, cornbread, stewed apples, sweet potatos, biscuits, beets, slaw, sweet tea, and an apple cake." OH YEA! It was every bit as good as it sounds too! I had also brought an apple crumble, so we literally feasted when we got back to their house! ha Thank you Suzanne for slaving away in the kitchen for Andrew/us!
It was wonderful to be "home" again in our little church in WP, where I couldn't make it a foot down the hall before someone else was grabbing my arm to say "Hi, welcome back!" Spending a lazy afternoon with the family was just what the doctor ordered for our souls, I believe. Graeme even showcased his walking skills right before we headed out the door. I thought he was going to keep going and not look back; but alas, he decided to sit down after about 6 steps and start crawling again! At least they all know I'm not lying when I say he really can walk! ha
Please pray for our job/home decision process that has already begun. We have lots of issues to weigh out; and one moment I think "this" is the best solution, and the next moment I think "that" is the best solution. I do have to say though, I almost cried when we drove through Carthage on the way home.... I do miss feeling "at home."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Natalie would like it if Graeme would kindly walk back to this part of the state for good. Thanks.
Post a Comment