Sunday, April 22, 2012

We are the champions.....

Last night we were having a party around here! A potty party to be exact. Yes, I meant to type potty party. ha Both Ceilidh and Graeme have always gotten so excited about a good party; so we have used this to our advantage with potty training. Once they were using the restroom consistently, we bake a cake and have a "potty party" in honor of the accomplishment. ha Both of them decided completely on their own they were ready to start using the "big girl/boy" potty. Today marks the 5th day Graeme has worn underwear all day without any accidents!!!! We are so excited for him.... and our bank account! wink  He told me very specifically that he wanted a yellow cake with chocolate icing and gummy worms on top. I am thinking this idea came from an episode of "Max and Ruby," but I didn't mind helping him eat cake and sour worms! ha






I don't have any pictures to prove I'm not fibbing (wink), but Susanna and I will be signing autographs (wink) throughout the week as the reigning female 2 member Bearathalon, 1st place winners!!! Yesterday, Susanna, Andrew, Ryan, and myself competed in the team race at the 2012 Bearathalon. Andrew and Ryan placed 3rd in the male 2 member category! This is a local biathalon that consisted of running and kayaking. Just to be fair, at this point I should mention that the running part was only a mile and a quarter, and the kayaking was a little over a mile as well. It was way harder than it sounds though! HA We decided to race women against men, so Sus and I teamed up to beat the boys! Ryan and I did the running part (he BARELY beat me, ha), and Susanna and Andrew did the boating. After the boating leg, Sus and Andrew had to army crawl under a ropes course, eat a doughnut and then race over the river, scale a muddy river bank with a rope, race up the remaining hill, back down again, and then cross the finish line. Yes, Ryan and I got the easier end of the deal! ha Both Susanna and Andrew have battle scars from scaling the hill and falling straight into the rocky river. I am really proud of them. All this to say; we had a BLAST! The boys edged us out by 30 or so seconds; but we are already preparing for next year. So be afraid boys, be very afraid! wink Oh, and I told Susanna I would switch legs with her next year. HA Thanks to Pops and ZZ for holding the hands of our cheering squad. Thanks for such a fun afternoon guys!

3 comments:

aunt susanna said...

i had soo much fun! can't wait for the next race--love you guys!

The Blanton Family said...

Go Graeme!!! We really need to get the kids together so his accomplishment can rub off on Natalie!

Cait Clendenin said...

Yay, Graeme!