I was in my senior year of college, living with some of my best friends. I was nannying for one of the sweetest families you will ever meet. I graduated from one of the greatest Universities in the country the weekend before our big day. That whole season of my life puts a huge smile on my face!
I LOVED my wedding dress probably more than anything else (besides Andrew that is, ha)! At the time, we knew of a bridal gown buyer; so myself, my maid of honor, Summer, and my mother went to NY to see a bridal gown fashion show as well as try on dresses. AMAZINGLY fun! We saw Rent while we were there which was awesome. Sum and I cried through the whole thing and my mom slept! ha To give mom some credit, I think she had worked that morning before we flew up so she was pretty tired. Sum's husband is actually starring in Rent this weekend in Asheville. I definitely knew as soon as I tried the dress on. It was very simple, but absolutely perfect. I always thought I would want a really elaborate gown; but all your "ideas" go out the window when you start trying them on for real. We did my bridal portraits at the Old Well (yes cheesy, but a must for a Carolina bride), Polk Place, and the arboretum. It is kind of crazy, I think a God thing actually; but the bridal portrait we chose to frame has "Kenan's tree" in the background.
Even as much as I loved the dress hunt and preparations; it didn't hold a candle to the actual day. The weather was perfect and everything went smoothly. Actually, it all ran smoothly once my hair dresser showed up after being an hour late, many tears, and frantic best friends calling other salons in the area to find someone to help. ha Thankfully that was the only glitch! I really could not tell you who sat where once the doors opened for the bridal procession. I felt like Andrew, myself, and Mark (our pastor), were the only people in the sanctuary. Again, cheesy, but totally true. In fact, I can't quit smiling as I write this as I think about sharing communion and reciting our vows.
I am a self-professed crier. I cry at everything. I actually was quite worried about my make-up, so Sum walked down the aisle with hidden tissues just in case. Would you believe I didn't shed a tear?! Not one!! I was too happy to cry! My face literally hurt b/c I couldn't quit smiling! ha I'm still shocked I didn't cry, but I'm glad I didn't have to re-apply any makeup. Our ceremony was my favorite part of the day, but the reception was a close second. The whole day was perfect! I'm so thankful that I still feel that incredible happiness/giddiness when I think of Andrew. Those feelings have even deepened and matured in ways I never knew possible. Every marriage has its issues; but I am incredibly grateful for the man I could not have imagined, know I don't deserve, but was still blessed with.
2 comments:
How beautiful! Happy anniversary season, Cyndy and Andrew!
i can't believe it has been 5 years! happy anniversary, guys. love.
Post a Comment