Sunday, December 18, 2011

"Celebrate the love of Jesus...."

Ceilidh has been practicing for weeks with the children from church for our Christmas program. We have been listening to the CD in our car as well to help her learn the words to the song and her speaking part. Because of this, not only did Ceilidh know the program well; so did everyone in our family! ha This morning, Graeme decided he wanted to go on "stage" with Ceilidh and sing too. No biggie, he would look cute just standing next to her and smiling; right? Oh no. This kid decided to steal the show by singing as loudly as he could (with correct words might I add), and insisting on holding the microphone! HA He literally spent the entire 25 minutes or so, trying to pull the microphone down to his level for all to hear. He may be tempered more like his momma after all! ha Ceilidh is a bit nervous before the performance, but really enjoyed herself once she was up there. She did a great job of singing and reciting her lines! I think someone is going to post the video online, and if that happens I will have to share with you. All the children did a wonderful job!

ZZ talking to the children about the advent wreath

Graeme copying the music director as she was telling them she couldn't hear them. HA

Our beautiful Ceilidh

Singing his heart out

Refusing to let go of the microphone!

1 comment:

The Blanton Family said...

That's so sweet! I was in my church's Christmas play every year, and every year I had the same line... "There's no room in the inn." All I wanted was to be Mary, just once. Sigh.