Friday, June 15, 2012

Favorite conversations this week

Two of my favorite conversations this week:

Me: Graeme, do you want oatmeal this morning?
G: No
Andrew: (just walking down the stairs) Graeme, do you want oatmeal with me this morning?
G: YES!
Me: Can I eat with you this morning?
G: (Talking with his hands) No, there are only two chairs. One chair for Daddy, and the two chair for me.

* I don't think I am ever going to be invited breakfast! Even though, he actually let me make the oatmeal this morning. Usually I am not even allowed to do that! ha


Coming home from Apex the other night, it was already bedtime and we were encouraging them to go to sleep in the car. I mentioned playing the "quiet game" (ha) while we listened to soft music. Shane and Shane's version of "The Lord's Prayer" was playing, which I thought was perfect for lulling two cuties to sleep quickly (the third cutie was zonked out already!). Boy was I wrong! ha The words to the song led to an long in-depth conversation with the 5 year old instead of blissful sleep. I am thankful to have conversations like this with her though, so I didn't mind. The conversation eventually trailed off as something was said about Jesus being God, and Ceilidh emphatically stating; "No. The Bible says there is only one true God. God is God." HA Yes, baby you are right. We opted to save a discussion about the Trinity for another day.

No comments: