Monday, October 17, 2011

Water Wheel extravaganza 2011!

We had such a great time even with Andrew's eye and heart issues last year, that we decided to make the "Clendenin" camping trip an annual event. Thanks for the early on organization Caitlin! The weather was BEAUTIFUL! I was a bit concerned (ok, a lot concerned) about the almost four hour drive one way to Celo; but the children were amazing. All three slept most of the way up to Linville on Thursday, and went to sleep like champs at Grappy and Granddaddy's mountain house. Jane slept the whole way home, but somehow, Graeme and Ceilidh stayed awake the entire trip back. G man finally gave in around Seagrove, but Ceilidh refused sleep until literally the Carthage city limits! ha

We had a hotdog and smore roast, hiked, drove to Mount Mitchell's new observation deck, drove on the Parkway, etc. It was a wonderfully laid back and fun few days. The highlight of Graeme's trip (maybe even the highlight of his life to this point! ha) was driving through the Twin Tunnels on the Parkway. Andrew rolled down the windows and beeped his horn like a train through the whole thing. The ENTIRE ride back to the house, Graeme did train sounds! It was adorable for the first 5 minutes. The last 25 minutes took a lot of unconditional love to make it back! HA

Ceilidh was in her element running around outside. She LOVES being "in nature" collecting rocks and leaves, climbing, playing in the river water, etc. I love this about her. I can't wait until it is a bit easier for our family to camp and hike together. Though I enjoy being outside as well, I don't mind "camping" in a house at night! HA Suzanne, Lauren, the babes, and I held down the fort in the warmth. It was wonderful to spend time with Lauren and Suzanne. I don't get to see Lauren very much, and when we do, it usually involves the whole family. Therefore our attention is divided. After the children were in bed this weekend, I had uninterrupted time with the two of them! One night we stayed up to 1:30! ha Thanks for being such great housemates you two! We should do it more often! I could go on and on, so I will just leave the rest to pictures.

Thought I would throw this one in b/c A. It is cute and B. To have a picture of Jane in this post. All the pictures she is in, you can't see her b/c she is wrapped up! ha

The first day they were already giving me the "stop taking pictures" look!


Love my men!

*Tear*

Our "Sus"


Buddies

Feeling the cold mountain water


Trying to skip rocks five feet from the water and a boulder of a rock! ha

Just beautiful

Daddy showing him how to do it!

Jackets wrapped around a Moby look weird, but I still love this picture!

Yummy goodness!

I think he ended up eating 6 or 7 marshmellows before the night was over

Got to get a picture of Pete! ha

Favorite of the weekend!


The rescued water wheel!

A trip in the Fall is never complete without leaf throwing!



My future rock climber



This is on the observation deck at Mount Mitchell. Too bad I'm a terrible photographer and can't center pictures! ha

Our hair in the next couple of shots is crazy, but still wanted to include them!


Great picture of the Thomas family


The ladies!




Hopefully next year's camping trip will coincide with peak week again!

1 comment:

The Blanton Family said...

You guys are so stinkin' beautiful.